Sunday, October 2, 2016

PD in the PM

So I've started the process of peritoneal dialysis. I had initially wanted hemodialysis but my veins were too small to insert the fistula, although, I'm quite happy I had to go this route because I think it's much better. After my last post I had a couple hospital admissions. My creatinine was upwards of 600 something, I was drastically anemic (hemoglobin 59 at one point) and I required two different blood transfusions. They inserted my PD catheter quickly once I was a little more stable and started the dialysis as an emergency start, barely waiting a week for it to heal. Afterwards, I started the month long process of daily dialysis treatments at the hospital with one of those weeks being a training week so I could do it at home. I'm now officially home and it seems to be ok but now I'm dealing with a stomach issue that causes pain intermittently and I can't really eat. I'm going to get a scope and biopsy on Wednesday. They checked for a peritoneal infection and gall stones and it doesn't seem to be any of these things. It's really bothering me. I just want them to figure it out.

1 comment: